Pebbles in the Sand is a small, 'Sole Trader' business and we store very little personal data. However, we take the security of the information customers share with us very seriously.
PERSONAL DATA: The types of personal data that we collect are:
- Contact details (name and email address) required when setting up an account and signing in.
- Customers choosing to use their Facebook account in order to set up an account on our Site, should be aware that in doing so they authorise Facebook to share more information than we actually require, though only the customer’s name, email address and Facebook user id are stored. The information Facebook share with us is listed on their page if the cursor is held over the 'information' icon, before permission is given.
- Additional contact information (address and telephone number) collected when an order is placed.
- Transaction data is recorded, such as purchases, purchase amount, date of purchase, and payment method.
- All card details and payment information is processed by the payment platform, Stripe, and not seen by Pebbles in the Sand. Stripe is certified to PCI Service Provider Level 1. This is the most stringent level of certification available in the payments industry, however customers should consider the privacy practices of this service provider and ensure they themselves are fully satisfied with these. https://stripe.com/gb
SERVICE PROVIDERS: For the purposes of processing online orders and their delivery, we use:
- Stripe to process card payments online (See above).
- Royal Mail/courier services (some of whom require a contact phone number in case of difficulties in delivering packages).
TELEPHONE PAYMENTS: Very occasionally we are asked if a card payment can be taken over the phone.
- Card details are collected and processed fully in line with the PCI Data Security Standards.
- Telephone payments are processed through Stripe and no record of card details is kept by Pebbles in the Sand.
HOW WE USE PERSONAL DATA: We use Personal Data:
- To respond to enquiries and provide customer support.
- To ensure satisfactory completion and delivery of orders.
- To allow transactions to be appropriately processed, settled or refunded.
ACCESSING YOUR PERSONAL DATA:
- Customers can review, correct, or update Personal Data that has previously been disclosed to us by signing into their account, or by contacting us.
RETENTION OF PERSONAL DATA:
- Customers can delete their account, at any point in time. However, if the request for deletion occurs within 31 days of an order being placed, the account will remain on file until the end of this period, in order to properly fulfil the transaction and protect the retail rights of the customer.
- Inactive accounts will be routinely deleted after 7 years.
- When an account is deleted all personally identifiable information is removed from our database, apart from the customer’s name which forms part of the order information required for income tax and audit purposes, and which we are legally required to retain for a period of 7 years.
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL DATA:
- Pebbles in the Sand does not sell or rent Personal Data to any third parties.
- The security of your personal information is important to us and we use reasonable organisational, technical and administrative measures to protect your Personal Data.
- Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If a customer has reason to believe that interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if a customer feels that the security of their account has been compromised), they should contact us immediately.
- Like many site operators, we collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our Site ("Log Data").
- This Log Data may include information such as your computer's Internet Protocol ("IP") address, browser type, browser version, the pages of our Site that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages and other statistics.
- In addition, we use third party services such as Google Analytics that collect, monitor and analyse activity.
- Cookies are files with a small amount of data, which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a web site and stored on your computer's hard drive.
- Like many sites, we use "cookies" to collect information. You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Site.
- You can contact us using the contact form.